So I know I have been MIA, but I have just had the most productive week in the coolest cities. What I can bring back from my trip is this:
1) I am ready to release a California workshop, and based on the poll that I did last week, the first location will be in San Diego. Registration is open now. We have an amazing studio... like the coolest EVER to have the workshop at, and will have beeeautiful models to boot! I seriously can't wait for this workshop.
Please read the below criteria, and if you would like to register, click the button at the end of this post...
San Diego Workshop Dates: March 28, 29 & 30 2008
Price: $1375if paid in full using the button at the bottom of this post
What this workshop will contain:
Day 1: Studio lighting... (Fundamentals of, lighting techniques, sales strategies, what works for ME and my style of lighting).
Day 2: The Urban Session - Natural lighting. (How to find the best locations in an Urban environment (finding the best textures, clothing selections, and selling the 'idea' of a boutique Urban Session to a client, clothing recommendations, etc...)
Day 3: Photoshop techniques...
• See how I put a unique spin on my images, creating a very unique collection. Learn every technique that I use to make my images appeal to clients and photographers alike.
• Editing in real time, without the use of any actions, using techniques inspired by the images and style in which you shoot.
And a whole lot more including: Album design, contracts, pricing yourself effectively, the importance of consistency in shooting and editing, and a great workbook as well. * Registered parties will receive the complete list of topics discussed.
Who this workshop is for:
1) Anyone who wants to break out of a rut in creativity and incorporate new shooting styles, photoshop techniques, and unique products.
2) Professional photographers currently in business who are looking to improve their techniques and learn some new tricks.
3) Photographers that are 'scared' or 'intimidated' by studio lighting. I promise that you will benefit from this class... and you will walk away UNAFRAID!
What this workshop is NOT:
1) A weekend to hang out with your friends. While you will inevitably make friends at this workshop, that is not the focus. The focus is on content.
2) A way to learn how to market to the masses. My technique lends its self to a lower volume now. Having seen both the good and bad side of photographing clients on a very busy schedule, and at one point having 5 staff members, learn how I lowered my volume by two thirds, while simultaneously being more profiable. This is NOT a marketing class on how to bring a mass amount of clients to your door. This is a class on bettering your self and your editing/photography techniques through deliberate sales while utilizing a more boutique photography approach. I have been in business for 5 years, and in that time have photographed thousands of children. I have learned the in's and out's of running a portrait business (the good and the bad)!
3) A place to tinker with photoshop. Your image editing skills are GUARANTEED to improve with this workshop. A solid knowledge of Photoshop is NOT required. My technique is actually very simple, while also being very effective. Photoshop professionals and beginners alike will see the benefits of this course. The proof is in the product. You will see the result immediately - in class.
4) A hardcore approach to business for higher volume studios. No pie charts, excel spreadsheets, and MBA business strategies here. I have seen both the lower volume and the higher volume of being in business, and I prefer to cater to a more limited - higher dollar clientele. Learn why I made that choice, and what motivated me to price myself more effectively, and do less work with a higher quality, for less people with a higher price tag.
The cost of the workshop is: $1450 ($1375 if you register and pay in full using the button below). The San Diego workshop is limited to 20 photographers.
To Register, please click the following button. After registering, you will receive a questionnaire that will help me get to know you and your goals for this workshop. This info sheet is important as our workshops are ever-changing, and we want to know what you want to learn. Please complete the sheet when you receive it.
OK, I need help from the audience here regarding future 2008 workshops... Tell me what you think! Starting with these two polls:
Everyone that enters these polls will be added to a group and will receive an email from me very shortly. I want to get this started, so please let anyone that you think would be interested know by passing on this link... :)
I don't photograph very many senior boys, but if anyone were to change my mind, I think this guy would be it! What an amazing time I had working with him. We both suffered the cold to get these shots, but I think it was worth it. :)
Stay tuned...much more still coming -
I decided to jump ahead a year - to post a favorite from 2008~! Check out this wedding... I had suuuuuuuch a good time photographing Emily and Aaron. WOW they are just an amazing couple. I had the pleasure of photographing their engagement session in 2007 (those photos will come next as the continuation of my 2007 favorites)... I am so honored to have been a part of their celebration. Thanks Emily and Aaron, and I wish you many many happy moments for the future!!